Data Privacy Statement
1. Name and contact details of the Controller and the company data protection officer
This data protection information applies to the processing of data by:
Controller: tonwelt GmbH, Levetzowstraße 23 b-c, 10555 Berlin, Tel. +49 (0)30 39 40 47 30, email@example.com
2. Acquisition and storage of personal data and nature and purpose of their use
a) When you visit the website
When you open our website at www.tonwelt.com, the browser used on your terminal device will automatically send information to our website server. This information is stored temporarily in a so-called log file.
The following information is stored without your assistance and kept until automatic deletion:
- IP address of the inquiring computer
- Date and time of access
- Name and URL of the retrieved file
- Website from which access is made (referrer URL)
- Browser used and, if applicable, your computer's operating system and the name of your access provider
The purposes for which we process the data mentioned are the following:
- Ensure trouble-free website connection build-up
- Ensure easy use of our website
- Evaluate the safety and stability of the system
- Other administrative purposes
The legal basis for the data processing is Art. 6 (1) Sentence 1 f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest results from the purposes of data collection itemised above. Under no circumstances will we use the data collected for the purpose of drawing conclusions about your person.
b) When you use our contact form
To get in touch with us, we offer you the opportunity to contact us online using the contact form provided on the website. Personal information and a valid e-mail address are required in order for us to know who sent the contact request and to be able to answer it.
The data will be processed for the purpose of contacting us in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a GDPR on the basis of your voluntary consent. The criterion for the duration of the storage of personal data is the respective legal retention period. After expiry of this period, the corresponding data will be routinely deleted, provided that they are no longer necessary for the fulfilment or initiation of the contract and provided that we are not obliged for legal reasons to keep your personal data for a limited period of time or at least for a limited period of time to safeguard legal interests within the scope of the contractual processing is permitted by law.
3. Transmission of data
Your personal data will be transmitted to any third party exclusively for the following purposes.
We will disclose your personal data to a third party only if:
- you have given your express consent to this in accordance with Art. 6 (1) Sentence 1 a) GDPR;
- there is a legal obligation, as specified in Art. 6 (1) Sentence 1 c) GDPR, to transmit data; and
- this is legally permissible and, pursuant to Art. 6 (1) Sentence 1 b) GDPR, necessary for the performance of a contract concluded with you.
A cookie stores information that results in connection with the terminal device used specifically in each case. However, this does not mean that your identity will be disclosed to us directly.
On the one hand, cookies are used to make the use of our offering more pleasant for you. For instance, we use so-called session cookies to detect that you have already visited individual pages of our website. They will be deleted automatically when you exit our website.
In addition to this, we use temporary cookies, likewise for the purpose of optimising user-friendliness, that are stored on your terminal device for a specific defined period of time. When you visit our website again to use our services, it will be detected automatically that you already visited us and which entries and settings you have made, so you do not have to make them again.
The data processed by means of cookies are necessary for the purposes mentioned to protect our legitimate interests and those of third parties pursuant to Art. 6 (1) Sentence 1 f) GDPR.
Most browsers will accept cookies automatically. You can, however, make settings in your browser to prevent the storage of cookies on your computer or to display a message each time when a new cookie is to be created. However, complete deactivation of cookies may mean that you will not be able to use all the functions of our website.
5. Analys- and Tracking-Tools
The tracking measures listed below and used by us are carried out on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 f GDPR. With the tracking measures used, we want to ensure that our website is designed to meet requirements and is continually optimised. On the other hand, we use the tracking measures to statistically record the use of our website and to evaluate it for the purpose of optimising our offer. These interests are to be regarded as legitimate within the meaning of the aforementioned provision.
The respective data processing purposes and data categories can be found in the corresponding tracking tools.
I) Google Analytics
For the purpose of demand-oriented design and continuous optimization of our pages, we use Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (https://www.google.de/intl/de/about/) (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereinafter "Google"). In this context, pseudonymised user profiles are created and cookies (see point 4) are used.
The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website such as:
- Browser type/version,
- operating system used,
- Referrer URL (the previously visited page),
- Host name of the accessing computer (IP address),
- Time of the server request,
are transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. The information is used to evaluate the use of the website, to compile reports on the website activities and to provide further services associated with the use of the website and the Internet for the purposes of market research and demand-oriented design of these Internet pages. This information may also be transferred to third parties if this is required by law or if third parties process this data on behalf of the company. Under no circumstances will your IP address be merged with other data from Google. The IP addresses are anonymized so that an assignment is not possible (IP masking).
You can also prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing a browser add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en).
As an alternative to the browser add-on, especially for browsers on mobile devices, you can also prevent Google Analytics from collecting data by clicking on this link. An opt-out cookie is set to prevent future collection of your data when you visit this website. The opt-out cookie is only valid in this browser and only for our website and is stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you must set the opt-out cookie again.
Further information on data protection in connection with Google Analytics can be found in the Google Analytics Help (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en).
II) Google Adwords Conversion Tracking
We also use Google Conversion Tracking to statistically record and evaluate the use of our website for the purpose of optimising it for you. Google Adwords will set a cookie (see paragraph 4) on your computer if you have accessed our website via a Google ad.
These cookies expire after 30 days and are not used for personal identification. If the user visits certain pages of the Adwords customer's website and the cookie has not yet expired, Google and the customer can recognize that the user has clicked on the ad and has been redirected to this page.
Each Adwords customer receives a different cookie. Cookies cannot therefore be traced via the websites of Adwords customers. The information collected using the conversion cookie is used to generate conversion statistics for Adwords customers who have opted for conversion tracking. Adwords customers see the total number of users who clicked on their ad and were redirected to a page with a conversion tracking tag. However, you will not receive any information that personally identifies users.
6. Rights of data subjects
You have the following rights:
- Pursuant to Art. 15 GDPR, to request information about your personal data that we process. In particular, you can request information about the purposes of the processing, the categories of the personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed, the envisaged period of storage, the existence of the right to request rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or to object, the existence of the right to lodge a complaint, the sources of your data if they were not collected by us and the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and meaningful details about such decision-making.
- Pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR, to request that your personal data we have stored be rectified if they are inaccurate or be completed without delay.
- Pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR, to request that your personal data we have stored be erased, unless their processing is necessary to exercise the right of freedom of expression and information, to comply with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
- Pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR, to request restriction of the processing of your personal data if you contest the accuracy of the data, if their processing is unlawful but you oppose their erasure, if we no longer need the data but you require them for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or if you have objected to processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR.
- Pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR, to receive your personal data, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to request transmission to another controller.
- Pursuant to Art. 7 (3) GDPR, to withdraw at any time any consent you have given us. The consequence of such withdrawal is that, in the future, we may not continue with the data processing for which the consent was given.
- Pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR, to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. You may usually address your complaint to the supervisory authority competent for your usual place of residence, your place of employment or our registered office.
7. Right to object
Where your personal data are processed on the basis of a legitimate interest in accordance with Art. 6 (1) Sentence 1 f) GDPR, you have the right according to Art. 21 GDPR to object to the processing of your personal data if your objection is based on reasons relating to your particular situation or is raised against direct marketing. In the latter case, you have a general right to object which we will respect without you having to specify a particular situation.
To exercise your right of withdrawal or objection, it is sufficient to send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Data security
For your visit to our website, we use the widely-used SSL method (Secure Socket Layer) in conjunction with the highest encryption level that is supported by your browser. Usually, that encryption level is 256-bit encryption. Should your browser not support 256-bit encryption, we use 128-bit v3 technology instead. Whether or not the transmission of an individual page of our website is encrypted is indicated by the locked or not locked status of the key or lock icon in the bottom status bar of your browser.
Apart from this, we employ suitable technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or access by unauthorised third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved based on the progress of technology.
9. Current state of and changes to this Data Privacy Statemen
This Data Privacy Statement is presently valid and its version is May 2018.
The further development of our website and the services offered on it, or changes of legislation or official requirements, may make it necessary to amend this Data Privacy Statement. You can at any time access and print out the current version of this Data Privacy Statement on our website at www.tonwelt.com/en/data-privacy-statement.